WEB / SOCIAL MANAGEMENT
Rob founded Crystal Spotlight in late 2012, after using his web development and design skills to build a number of popular fan sites for rock bands. This activity led to Rob being approached by acclaimed songwriter/producer Steven Wilson to create a new online presence for his solo career and the rest, as they say, is history!
Rob has since worked on promoting major music releases, including the online promotion of the following successful albums:
- Steven Wilson – To The Bone (UK no.3)
- Miles Kane – Coup De Grace (UK no.8)
- Ian Anderson – Homo Erraticus (UK no.14)
- Paul Draper – Spooky Action (UK no.19)
His drive, commitment and passion for music shines through in every aspect of his work and Rob is lucky to have managed to forge a career that combines his skills, talents and passion.
Rob’s favourite album of all time is ‘Amused To Death’ by Roger Waters. Check out his Spotify playlist to see what he’s listening to right now!
Miles brings a wealth of video, audio and photo editing skill to Crystal Spotlight. With extensive knowledge of the Adobe suite, Cinema4D, Maya and various other 3D programs, Miles brings a broad range of video capabilities.
Miles has an impressive portfolio, having worked on video projects for Andy Burrows, Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson, Devin Townsend, Haken, The Mute Gods, Frost*, Lonely Robot and more. Miles’ video work has been viewed millions of times online and has even been broadcast on prime time TV!
- Dream Theater – Untethered Angel (+5 million views)
- Haken – Invasion, Canary Yellow, Initiate, The Endless Knot, Earthrise, Lapse (all these videos have a combined +3 million views)
- Devin Townsend – Genesis, Sprite (combined + 1.7m views)
- Frost* – Numbers (+200k views)
- The Mute Gods – All music videos (combined +400k views)
- Whitechapel – Doom Woods (100k views in its first week alone)
In 2018, Miles’ first full length film production was released. ‘Iamthemorning – Ocean Sounds’ documents the Russian progressive/chamber band Iamthemorning recording songs in the stunningly beautiful Ocean Sound Recordings studio in Norway. Miles also handled video post-production for Haken’s ‘L-1VE’ concert film.